At Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, we are passionate about caring for our community. This means that we are constantly looking at how we can involve our guests, Hotel Heartists, and Business Partners in proactive activities which have long-term positive impacts on Cambodia. We are proud to be involved in education projects, health activities and cultural initiatives.
– A total of 15 table clothes were donate to PSE – Pour un Sourire d’Enfant School for them to make table sets.
– We are delighted to support once again Musica Felice Charity Concert where the profits was contributed to 2 institutions that support education and development program in Cambodia. The concert was attended by more than 700 persons and were able to raise $9,400 for the charity cause.
– We received a Letter of Appreciation from Friends-International Cambodia for our recent donation to Heartist’s Appearance Day.
– We support Paul Dubrule Tennis Cup 2022 to raise funds for École Paul Dubrule school which has been graduating hundreds of young Cambodians yearly to enter vital industry of hospitality and tourism.
– Our hotel is among the Top 5 Stars Hotel in Phnom Penh to participate in the MOU Signing ceremony with Royal Academy of Cambodia (RAC) and Cambodia Tourism Association. The purpose of the partnership is to facilitate a closer collaboration on: Cooperation in vocational training from primary to higher education in tourism; Exchange experiences from each other; Provide job counseling to trainees who have graduated in tourism profession; Study, research and publish leaflets and information related to tourism ; and Co-organize various events.
– A total of 23 used books at the hotel was donated to Trash Library from Bonteay Meanchey Province.
TAKING CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
– Our hotel is honored to receive a prestigious Schefflera Actinophylla – Umbrella Tree from Princess Norodom Marie Ranariddh. The tree was planted at the hotel’s lobby entrance.
– We initiate the use of EcoSpirits at Le Bar to tackle single use glass and generate huge savings in waste and carbon footprint for the environment.
– We are committed to the goal of eliminating all guest-related single-use plastic items by the end of 2022.
– Our hotel was named as the Shortlisted Nominee for the CSR Environment and Business Awards in the the 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility Contest hosted by EuroCham Cambodia.
– Students from Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) finished their 6 months internship from different departments including front office, foods & beverages, engineer and kitchen.
– Students from Academy of Culinary Arts of Cambodia finished their 6 months internship with us.
TAKING CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
– We have been awarded Certificate of Appreciation from Ministry of Environment for our contribution to environmental protection, natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, and sustainable living.
– We organized a Great Clean-Up around our hotel. Over 250 Kg of garbage were collected by our team in less than 2 hours.
– We collaborate with the team from Friend’s International Organization to offer free haircut and makeup tips to our Heartists on Heartist Appearance Day.
– We are pleased to receive an appreciation letter from vaccination committee of Sangkat Tonle Bassac for our donation of 150 Dozens of Lyyon drinking water to the committee.
– We donated a total of 2,350sqm of carpet to Kol Toteng pagoda ahead of the upcoming Pchum Ben festival.
– We donated a total of 3 laptops for Passerelles numériques Cambodia which will support their students to continue training. This donation came as students are currently taking training through online and lacking laptops to access from their boarding houses.
– We hosted a charity concert which was performed by Musica Felice team. All of the profits from the concert was donated to Nginn KARET Conservatoire in Siem Reap and Phare Ponleu Selpak in Battambang. We also received recognition by French Ambassador for this kind donation.
– We supported young hotelier from oversea hospitality schools by providing internship program. The students come from Les Roches School Switzerland, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, and Beijing Foreign Study University.
– We had a partnership with Local NGOs and hospitality school including Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE), Project Khmer H.O.P.E & Meth Samlanh NGO for providing internship and job placement.
TAKING CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
– We received Certification of Green Hotel from Ministry of Environment.
– We supported Disabled people by collaborating with local NGO Krousar Thmey for job placement and internship.
– We donated 138KG of our used newspaper, magazines and old calendar to be recycle into jewelry by Friends International. Thank you to the Concierge, Sales team for their effort.
– We donated 290L of used oil to Nagaearth and they will convert it to biogas. Thanks to the Steward team for their constant preparation of these oils.
– We donated 220KG of our used newspaper, magazines and old calendar to be recycle into jewelry by Friends International. Thank you to the Concierge, Sales and Marketing team for their effort.
SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITIES
– Soap donated to the Indochina Starfish Foundation
– Linen donated to L’Ecole du Bois NGO
– Implement eco-friendly charcoal briquettes in the restaurants made from coconut shell to protect Cambodia’s natural forest
– Buying fresh eggs from cage-free chickens at Eggscellent to promote local products
– Using organic sugar made from palm trees in our restaurants.
– Three different charity concerts hosted for Musica Felice to support local NGOs, schools, and social associations
– Cultural exhibition by Khmer artist, Mr. Nou Sary
CARING FOR ENVIRONMENT
– Green plantation & support of local producers
– Fighting against plastic waste by collecting 1.5 litre bottle for donation to Malaria Consortium Organisation
– Using paper straws in the restaurants & bars
– Recycling food waste as fertilizer
– Usage LED light throughout the hotel for efficient energy consumption
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR TALENTS
– Building hospitality skills for young Cambodians through internship programmes
– Providing hospitality skill presentations to students at various organizations
– Creating New Generation Leader program to develop internal human capital
– Annual training for Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra’s Heartists
– Cross training for selected managers at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra is engaged on the fight against the sexual exploitation of children. As part of the WATCH (We Act Together for the Children) in partnership with ECPAT our teams are devoted and has been trained to fight against this evil and encourage their customers to do the same.