At Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, we are passionate about caring for our community. This means that we are constantly looking at how we can involve our guests, Hotel Heartists, and Business Partners in proactive activities which have long-term positive impacts on Cambodia. We are proud to be involved in education projects, health activities and cultural initiatives.
– Supporting young hotelier from oversea hospitality schools by providing internship program. The students come from Les Roches School Switzerland, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, and Beijing Foreign Study University.
-Students from Academy of Culinary Arts of Cambodia finished their 6 months internship with us.
– Partnership with Local NGOs and hospitality school including Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE), Project Khmer H.O.P.E & Meth Samlanh NGO for providing internship and job placement.
TAKING CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
– SPP has been awarded Certificate of Appreciation from Ministry of Environment for our contribution to environmental protection, natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, and sustainable living.
– We organized a Great Clean-Up around our hotel. Over 250 Kg of garbage were collected by our team in less than 2 hours.
– Certification of Green Hotel from Ministry of Environment.
– We donated a total of 3 laptops for Passerelles numériques Cambodia which will support their students to continue training. This donation came as students are currently taking training through online and lacking laptops to access from their boarding houses.
– We hosted a charity concert which was performed by Musica Felice team. All of the profits from the concert was donated to Nginn KARET Conservatoire in Siem Reap and Phare Ponleu Selpak in Battambang. We also received recognition by French Ambassador for this kind donation.
– Support Disability people by collaborated with local NGO Krousar Thmey for job placement and internship.
– We donated 138KG of our used newspaper, magazines and old calendar to be recycle into jewelry by Friends International. Thank you to the Concierge, Sales team for their effort.
– We donated 290L of used oil to Nagaearth and they will convert it to biogas. Thanks to the Steward team for their constant preparation of these oils.
– We donated 220KG of our used newspaper, magazines and old calendar to be recycle into jewelry by Friends International. Thank you to the Concierge, Sales and Marketing team for their effort.
SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITIES
– Soap donated to the Indochina Starfish Foundation
– Linen donated to L’Ecole du Bois NGO
– Implement eco-friendly charcoal briquettes in the restaurants made from coconut shell to protect Cambodia’s natural forest
– Buying fresh eggs from cage-free chickens at Eggscellent to promote local products
– Using organic sugar made from palm trees in our restaurants.
– Three different charity concerts hosted for Musica Felice to support local NGOs, schools, and social associations
– Cultural exhibition by Khmer artist, Mr. Nou Sary
CARING FOR ENVIRONMENT
– Green plantation & support of local producers
– Fighting against plastic waste by collecting 1.5 litre bottle for donation to Malaria Consortium Organisation
– Using paper straws in the restaurants & bars
– Recycling food waste as fertilizer
– Usage LED light throughout the hotel for efficient energy consumption
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR TALENTS
– Building hospitality skills for young Cambodians through internship programmes
– Providing hospitality skill presentations to students at various organizations
– Creating New Generation Leader program to develop internal human capital
– Annual training for Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra’s Heartists
– Cross training for selected managers at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra is engaged on the fight against the sexual exploitation of children. As part of the WATCH (We Act Together for the Children) in partnership with ECPAT our teams are devoted and has been trained to fight against this evil and encourage their customers to do the same.