At Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, we are passionate about caring for our community. This means that we are constantly looking at how we can involve our guests, Hotel Heartists, and Business Partners in proactive activities which have long-term positive impacts on Cambodia. We are proud to be involved in education projects, health activities and cultural initiatives.
SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITIES
– Soap donated to the Indochina Starfish Foundation
– Linen donated to L’Ecole du Bois NGO
– Implement eco-friendly charcoal briquettes in the restaurants made from coconut shell to protect Cambodia’s natural forest
– Buying fresh eggs from cage-free chickens at Eggscellent to promote local products
– Using organic sugar made from palm trees in our restaurants.
– Three different charity concerts hosted for Musica Felice to support local NGOs, schools, and social associations
– Cultural exhibition by Khmer artist, Mr. Nou Sary
CARING FOR ENVIRONMENT
– Green plantation & support of local producers
– Fighting against plastic waste by collecting 1.5 litre bottle for donation to Malaria Consortium Organisation
– Using paper straws in the restaurants & bars
– Recycling food waste as fertilizer
– Usage LED light throughout the hotel for efficient energy consumption
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR TALENTS
– Building hospitality skills for young Cambodians through internship programmes
– Providing hospitality skill presentations to students at various organizations
– Creating New Generation Leader program to develop internal human capital
– Annual training for Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra’s Heartists
– Cross training for selected managers at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Support the Friends International Organization by providing study tours, hotel inductions, presentations, and workshops.